Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Transferred!! Dec. 23, 2013

In Mairipora, 


The Metro terminal


The Sao Paulo Temple











Danny ran into Aaron Jensen, who is from Littleton, CO and friends of our family!!!








Well I got transferred! Last Monday was pretty much just waiting around, trying to focus on relaxing and cleaning the house and everything, but really just waiting to find out about transfers! It was a bummer to find out I was going to leave Vila Sabrina and Elder de Oliveira, but that´s ok, because I know that everything has a purpose! I am now in ItapĂȘtininga!!!! In a branch!! Haha it is way way way far away, only one other zone is farther than ours, and I am loving it so far! I was able to go around and say bye to some members and our recent converts and investigators which was hard, especially because maybe I won't see them again, but it was so cool to be able to see how strong these converts are and how focused they are on progressing in the gospel! I love it!!! I am going to miss Elder de Oliviera, haha he is a great missionary and he is going home this next transfer so it would have been fun to send him out, but that´s ok! I followed the advice President Mecham gave while I was in Montana, and I prayed about my new assignment and definitely felt a confirmation and peace that I need to be here with my companion at this time! My new comp is Elder... F. Oliveira!! Haha so it wasn't hard to change names! He actually got here in this mission the same time as me! I will go home before him since I served two transfers before him, but we are both new! Haha so that was a little overwhelming, I found out I was going to be the Senior companion, and I was just a little overwhelmed, but I also am excited to work with a new missionary, and boy am I grateful he has already been in this area and that he is a native who speaks fluently!  I also am now living in an apartment with two other elders, one who also came here with me on the plane from Salt Lake, Elder Ashford, he is really great, and one who is our District Leader, Elder Agnelli, who was the Mission Secretary when I got here and this is his last transfer in the mission! They are great and it is so much fun living with two other elders as well! We got here Wednesday afternoon and went right to work, didn't even unpack anything, and this area is way, way different! Haha it is a branch, there are only like 120,000 people in the city, our area is HUGE, and the members don't really have a huge spirit for missionary work right now, but I am so excited for this! I know there are people here waiting to hear the gospel and who are being prepared by angels and by the Lord to receive this message of happiness! Then the next day we had our Christmas Conference in Sorocaba, with all the areas in the Interior part of the mission, it was so much fun and we didn't get back to our area until like 8 at night, and we don't live in our area, it takes about thirty minutes to walk there, so we just planned and called it a night! But these last couple days we have been working so so hard! And I will write more later!!! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment