Wednesday, November 20, 2013

It's crazy hot here!!! Nov. 18, 2013

Well as the subject says, it is getting crazy hot here!! Haha I am pretty much dying. But that´s ok! Because every once in a while it feels like we get rain and it is seriously the biggest blessing ever. Yesterday it was cloudy all day and rained a good part of the day as well, which was so incredibly nice! 
Last week was really good, it started off with me opening my birthday package from Mom right after emailing! And THANK YOU SO MUCH! Haha it was seriously the best thing ever, who would have thought that snickers, some church music, sour patch kids, swedish fish, and GOLDFISH, would be the best thing ever, but they were. I was smiling so big and my companion and I have had a party this last week eating some great American food! And I went all out and bought some peanut butter (the not as good, Brazilian version) as well! But thanks so much and I love the tie, it´s Broncos colors which makes me so happy! So thanks for that! I still have almost all the food because I am saving it and slowly eating it!
Last week we worked really hard, we are helping this woman get baptized who has been wanting to for 7 years but has never been able to quite smoking. So we visit here two to three times a day, only super quickly to say a prayer or give her a scripture to read, and since she lives in the center of the area we can do it easily without interfering with other investigators. Her two daughters are members and she wants so badly to stop smoking, she has just been doing it for so long and she doesnt work so it is hard for her to stop. But she passed the baptismal interview!! She is getting baptized this Saturday, along with another solid investigators who we found on the street, he came up and talked to us and we asked if we could visit him, he came to church, and it is going from there! 
Last thursday we had interviews with President Martins, we have them every three months, and it was certainly interesting! Why? Because he is seriously exactly like Mr Carpenter!!!! Haha except he's my mission president. But he blows your mind when you talk to him and you have to be very specific and careful with what you say which is hard because most of the time it is in Portuguese. Haha but I loved my interview and I learned so incredibly much from him, he truly is an inspired man. I am so grateful that I get this opportunity to learn from him! Right afterwords we had splits and I worked in my area with Elder Macarthur from Star Valley, WY! Haha it was so much fun!! He has only been in Brazil a week but he already understands a lot which is good!  He doesn't really speak at all, but he is a great missionary, and is a little taller than me with blond hair and blue eyes and so everyone (even random strangers on the street) asked if we were twins.  It was interesting! But I think he enjoyed the opportunity to speak english, we spoke mainly portuguese but by the end he was only speaking to me in english which was fine, it actually was pretty hard to do, I kept wanting to speak Portuguese! But splits ended, we road up to his area, usually a 40 minute bus ride which was and hour and a half because of traffic and the most people I have ever seen on an omnibus! Haha I felt very violated, but unfortunately that happens a lot on the buses because they cram people on them. 
We are working so hard and I am praying so hard!  We are having a lot of success in our area and district right now and it is interesting because this last week I have felt so weak! I feel like I am making the transition to understanding more and realizing how little I can say because I have felt so humbled, but as I have really prayed for help I have felt the Spirit so much more during lessons and I am so grateful for that. I love it here so much! I don't want to leave Vila Sabrina or Elder De Oliveira! It has been so good here and we are working really well here together. Yesterday we had 5 people at church and it was absolutely wonderful!!!  So we are working hard! Maybe in the future could you send me a jump rope?? I heard from my teammates that it is really good to stay fit for cardio! If not I think I can probably find one down here! But life here is so good! Elder De Oliveira is a little trunky, but it was so good, President asked if he was to which I told him not really and he said he would be! Haha he said that it is natural to feel trunky to have emotions and thoughts about the future, the key is to not let it interfere with the work. And he isn't letting it so it has been really good here! I was going to bring my camera to send pics but I forgot! Sorry!! But I love you all! Good luck at Nike Booboo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I hope you all have a great week!
Com Amor,
Elder Carney

No comments:

Post a Comment